Wednesday 7 January 2009

Paris Cold, Paris Soldes

The Christmas sales in Paris officially begun today at 8am - from my personal knowledge Auckland, Montreal and of course London began their sales back in Nov - what better way is there to get the ecomony going. But I'm told that the sales in France are regulated.....ah I see...No suprises then, when I arrived Printemps Mode around 11am it was buzzing with women, their high heeled boots and big shiny handbags ready to fend off their bargains. I decided not to join the battle, plus my credit levels are a bit low in the recent months. Maybe I'll wait till I see 80% off!

It was -9 today in the morning, it's been extraordinarily cold for Paris oh and France during the recent weeks. I find it quite interesting to see every Parisian either complain about the weather and for some unfortunate enough to fall on the icy pavements. I guess they should live in Quebec at least one winter to practice. Put on layers and get some boots with grip!

I did a trial Vinysa yoga class last night - I opted for the advanced level only because I wanted to be led by the main teacher of the studio. It got my heart pumping but boy was it hard - I mean doing handstand after not practicing it for hum 6 months? Maybe I'll go for the Intermediate class next time plus brush up on my sanskrit names so I don't end up having to copy the other students again.

And to improve mon francais I will begin French classes on Monday! Bon Soir à tous!

2 comments:

  1. J'adore :))
    j'espère que votre première semaine se passe bien et que xavier a bien démarré au bureau.
    bisous tous plein de flocons xx

    ReplyDelete