Friday 23 January 2009

More Wine anyone?

I think I'm getting the hang of the wine culture in Paris. Wine is almost as essential to water at the table at restaurants and during dinners at our friends and family. It will take me a while to distinguish the key tastes according to which wine, grape....but at least I now know that there is much more than a Bordeaux and a Burgandy. And so we were in for a treat today at our French class when an Australian classmate did his talk on wine, more specifically he brought to class a bottle of Bordeaux and a bottle of Australian Shiraz along with disposable glasses. What better way to learn about wine and the vocabulary of wine in French than by a tasting itself! Surprisingly I preferred the Shiraz but so did our French teacher.

So the saying goes as you raise your glasses you must look each other in the eyes otherwise you will have 7 years of hum...bad bedroom activity.

Santé

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you know that already about the 7 years?? really famous my dear !!...

    ReplyDelete