Monday 5 January 2009

New Year, New City and New Blog

Dec 2008 seemed to have ended abruptly; we had our leaving party, said goodbye to our cartons before they were shipped, emptied out our lovely Montreal apartment, re-bid our fond farewells to our friends and off we were on a plane on the first of January to Paris. Bienvenue!


It's snowing in Montmartre where we are staying next to the infamous Moulin Rouge, in fact it's snowing like it's never snowed before in Paris, at least it's making the news. This is probably part of the acclimatisation plan from the -20 we had last week in Montreal. I will get out there today and see how the Parisians are coping with this weather phenomenon.


It's not like it's my first time in Paris but there are still a few things which shock me...like cars not stopping at zebra crossings, fare dodgers overtly leaping over the barriers in the Metro being ignored by the ticket seller as I do my best not to stare. On the other hand I've come to a city where the French language here is music to my ears, where it's the fashion capital of the world, where wine is drunken like water and where even frozen dishes(Picard) can be disguised as culinary masterpieces...etc etc


So it is the purpose of this blog that I share my experiences and news with you my friends! I also take this opportunity to wish you all a happy and healthy 2009!

2 comments:

  1. Amelie (!?),
    I am already signing up as a fan of this blog!!!!!!
    Enjoy and share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so you didn't get amelie from Montmartre...i'll stick with being me then

    ReplyDelete