Wednesday 22 April 2009

The French shuts down 'The Body' exhibition in Paris


French law has clamped down on this famous Body exhibition which has traveled the 4 corners of the world - I went to the one in London, twice in fact about 5 years ago and have seen it pass through Montreal and New York....so what is the problem? Yes I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about what my reactions would be before entering for the first time, but all in all it was educational and presented in an 'art gallery' format. I could not believe that Human rights groups claimed that the show denigrates the human body....and believe me the majority of the comments made on lemonde's article was pro the closure. I thinks it's a total shame, and apparently so do these people in the photo who are obviously going to be the last few to catch this show before the organisers get a hefty fine. Photo taken around midday on my way from my French lesson at Madeline.

I wonder what will be next to bite the dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment